Blogger’s Recognition Award
by Tiffany Kennedy
I have, again, been nominated for another blogger’s awards, which is pretty cool. This award is the Blogger’s Recognition Award which I’ve been nominated for by the lovely Rachel! You can check out her blog Cookie And Cream here and her post for this here! Thank you Rachel for nominating me. The last nomination that I got required me to answer several question, this one is a little bit different.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Give a brief summary of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers that you would like to nominate.
- Let your 15 nominees know that you have nominated them and include a link to your post.
About: Tiffany & Couture
So, my blog began in May 2015 (wow it’s been almost four months already) and I wasn’t exactly sure of what I was doing. I love doing youtube, that was something I did before blogging, but I also really loved to write and I wanted to some how incorporate that. I needed an outlet to talk about fashion and beauty, which is something I don’t usually talk about to my friends or on my youtube channel (which has now changed). I already knew that I loved reading various fashion blogs which I actively followed, and I loved the images that people would take of different outfits or fashion items. I already owned a camera and I’ve been doing photography throughout the whole of highschool, often winning awards for it, so I thought, what do I have to lose? I set up this blog with the title ‘The Couture Remix’ because I knew I wanted to talk about fashion but I didn’t know what else I wanted to do. I also thought other people would help me with creating posts and more, but that didn’t exactly end up happening. Everything on the blog was my work and something I was proud of. This lead to a change in name to ‘Tiffany & Couture’ which sounded more professional and added my name into the work. I felt it would add a slight personal touch, so people would know who I was and what I was going to talk about. I love having this blog and creating posts, which I aim to continue because I know this can be hard work sometimes, when you know you need to post something but you’ve been swamped all week, but I’m determined to make this work.
Advice: New Bloggers
- Trust in yourself. You aren’t going to build a big following over night, and maybe no one will even read your posts for the first few days (it’s true, sorry) but if you enjoy what you are writing about then this will change. You need to trust in your instincts and what you think you should write about, don’t compromise because it’s not the most ‘popular’ post, if you want to write something, then more people will find your writing interesting because you’ll be more convincing in your post.
- Always take pictures. Even if it’s something that you don’t have pictures for or can’t find the time to take pictures, you can look online for images. If you use someone else’s images, always credit them, and if you don’t want to use their images, you can always take a collection of images from your phone, or previous images you’ve posted on instagram (or social media) before. Images break up the text and make your post more interesting and inviting.
Your success really depends on you and your niche. Don’t give up, because you can always learn. Advice can only go so far, the rest is up to you.
The Girl With Chocolate Brown Hair (Portuguese)
There are a lot of nominees here who deserve this award, but all bloggers deserve some more recognition. It doesn’t matter if they’re writing about something different to me or if they speak another language, I’ve nominated all these people for various reasons. I would like to thank Rachel again for nominating me, and I thank you all for reading this.