10 Items In My Beauty Travel Bag
So! I’m heading to Melbourne this week so go explore, and shop, lots. I seriously can’t wait as its one of my favourite places in Australia and it’ll be so different to Perth, also a lot colder so I’m preparing myself for that. Anyway, I don’t know if any of you guys will be heading off on a trip soon but just in case you are, I’ve created this blog post in order to allow you guys to maybe get an idea of a few makeup items you could possibly take on your trip, along with w good magazine and some music, of your choice of course.
1. Urban Decay, Naked 2 palette: I obviously had to bring this palette with me. As urban decay came out in Australia not too long ago, this has been my favourite thing in the world and so I’m taking it with me. It was those natural brown colours but also the more edgy metallic colours, and it’s just perfect for winter so I’m obviously going to be taking that with me.
2. Natio, eyebrow kit: Now, I don’t know the official name for this ‘eyebrow kit’ but I’ve had it forever and I’m not ditching it now. It has a wax, dark brown and light brown colour in it, so it’s just perfect for me because it has my colours in it. I find that these are better than most pencils I’ve used, but it just depends what look you’re going for, so I’m bringing this one along because it’s just easy to us and won’t require the effort of drawing in all the little lines.
3. Shisedo, Silky Eyeshadow duo, S3: Okay, yes I know that this particular duo is supposed to be for your eyes (and they do create a nice summer/spring look) but that’s not what I usually use it for. You see this product has the most beautiful highlight colour, so that’s kind of what I use it for, to highlight my cheek bones, and my, it’s amazing. So that’s going straight into my makeup bag.
4. Yves Saint Laurent, Volupte Sheer Candy: This particular lipstick is my absolute go to! I bring it with me every where. During winter I usually go for the darker sort of colours, and deeper reds but I always have this lipstick just in case. It’s a lovely light pink colour and it lasts a long time, also, it has a pretty great taste. That must sound a little odd but it’s better than tasting a horrible lipstick in your mouth all day.
5.Yves Saint Laurent, Touche Éclat: It took a long time for me to buy this product but I’m so glad I did. It takes up little space in my bag and is just perfect. Usually I only wear concealer so this is perfect as it does that but also highlights. I thought about just bringing this along without any foundation because it’s just great but I thought I’d stay on t he safe side.
6. Revlon ColorStay Lipliner in Soft Pink: I only use two lip liners, a deep red and this lighter one. I felt the lighter one would be of better use, because I have no idea what look I want to be going for while in Melbourne, maybe I’ll go for the lighter coloured lip so I’ve brought along this lip liner just in case.
7. Diorshow, Iconic Extreme Mascara: I always use this particular mascara. I just feel like it works every angle as much as I would like and it doesn’t look over done. It’s also a tiny little thing that lasts a long time and it’s great when going on trips or going out because it fits in basically any pocket.
8. L’oreal Glam Bronze, Blonde Harmony: I had to take a bronzer with me, contouring is so important, at least it is for me. I know it isn’t summer so all round bronzing won’t be happening but this particular bronzer is lighter than my usual bronzers so it’ll work so well with my slightly paler skin due to it being winter.
9. Rimmel London, Match Perfection 100 Ivory: So I’ve decided to bring this foundation just in case I feel like I need it (you never know when you’ll have a bad skin day). This foundation is light, smells lovely and applies really well, so it was obviously my first choice of foundation to take with me.
10. Chi Chi, Viva La Diva: Okay, this is one of my favourite red lipsticks. It’s such a deep red and lasts forever, I swear it just stays put. Which is what I love and is perfect for winter weather where anything can happen. So this was my first choice of lipstick to out in my bag.
So those are a few items I’m taking with me on my trip, along with my obvious make up brushes (real techniques) and other body products such I didn’t feel like I had to engulfed you guys in. So, I’ll keep you updated on everything in Melbourne, and I’ll have some more posts coming soon.